As a registered GIVIT fundraiser, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a GIVIT fundraiser and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of GIVIT.
"Advertisers" means third party operated websites.
"Fundraiser/Fundraising Event" means the act of holding an event or activity with the intention of raising funds for GIVIT.
"Fundraiser" means the container you have created to collect money on behalf of GIVIT
"Letter of Authority" means the letter issued to a Registered Fundraiser by GIVIT authorising them to conduct a Fundraising Event for GIVIT.
"Linked Sites" means third party operated hyperlinks.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means registering as a Host online at https://fundraise.givit.org.au/.
"We/Australian GIVIT/GIVIT/Promoter" means Australian GIVIT Listed Ltd 2022 ABN 21 137 408 201 Website: https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au
"You"/ "Your"/ "Registered Fundraiser" means a person who has completed in full the Fundraising registration form to conduct a Fundraising Event for GIVIT, and returned it to GIVIT by email or who has registered on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/
- In order to conduct a Fundraising Event for GIVIT, you must be a Registered Fundraiser and have an official Letter of Authority issued by GIVIT for your Fundraising Event or register via https://fundraise.givit.org.au/.This is required by law in most States and Territories in Australia and is a requirement of fundraising for Australian GIVIT.
- Registrations can be made online by email to email@example.com or on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/
- https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au are owned and operated by GIVIT.
- GIVIT manages Fundraising on behalf of all state-based GIVIT offices and branches.
- GIVIT will not accept registrations from people residing in a country outside of Australia.
- People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is fundraising on behalf of GIVIT.
- The person whose name appears on the registration form on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/and/or Letter of Authority to fundraise is the Registered Fundraiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the Fundraising Event in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the Fundraising Event date, venue, activity and any associated costs in running the event. The Registered Fundraiser must notify GIVIT of any changes to their Fundraising Event in advance and must only fundraise for the period of time authorised by GIVIT.
- Registered Fundraisers agree to pay all costs involved with running their Fundraising Event. Fundraising Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Fundraiser. GIVIT will not reimburse any person/s for any Fundraising Event associated costs.
- The Registered Fundraiser must keep records of income and expenditure, and may deduct any essential costs of organising the Fundraising Event, as long as they are documented with receipts, and are fair and reasonable (e.g. You may deduct costs such as catering, venue or equipment hire). Generally, GIVIT recommends that your cost of fundraising is less than 30% of the funds raised.
- If GIVIT collects your personal information, GIVIT can send you information about how GIVIT collects and uses your personal information and your privacy rights. Information about our privacy is available here.
- GIVIT will provide Registered Fundraisers with access to digital resources that can be downloaded to assist with their event on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/
- Registered Fundraisers need to comply with any obligations under applicable legislation and/or regulations in the State or Territory in which they are conducting their Fundraising Event. You may be responsible for organising permits, licenses, insurance or obtaining an authority to fundraise where necessary for fundraising activities such as raffles or competitions. This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the Fundraiser and not GIVIT. For all gaming, trading, racing, licensing, promotional and fundraising requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
PH: 02 6207 0359
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 02 9995 0300
Racing Gaming and Licensing
PH: 08 8999 5511
Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 13 74 68
Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner
PH: 131 882
Department of Liquor and Gaming
PH: 03 6166 4444
Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
PH: 1300 599 759
Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor
PH: 08 9425 1888
- GIVIT accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Fundraising Event. It is the responsibility of the Registered Fundraiser to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their Fundraising Event, including providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Fundraisers are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Fundraising Event, including public liability insurance.
- GIVIT's public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks associated with the Fundraising Event You are organising.
- If you are under 16 years of age, You must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities or hosting a Fundraising Event for GIVIT.
- The Registered Fundraiser must securely keep all the money raised by the Fundraising Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited back to GIVIT within 14 days after the Fundraising Event takes place. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to deposit money. If you register your Fundraiser on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ you will need to select which appeal the funds raised will go to, then this money will be submitted to GIVIT.
- Donors who make a donation of $2 or more through one of our websites will be automatically issued with a receipt at the time of making their donation. Donors who make a donation of $2 or more, other than through our websites, must be issued with a receipt by the Registered Fundraiser if requested.
- Registered Fundraisers are required to return any physical receipt booklets they have received whether they have been used or not within 28 days after the completion of their Fundraising Event. The receipted dollar value must not exceed the funds raised. If a receipt booklet is lost or stolen, a Statutory Declaration must be completed stating this and returned with payment in place of the receipt book. It is a criminal offence to write false tax receipts, and/or make a false declaration.
- The Registered Fundraiser must ensure GIVIT is clearly identified as the beneficiary of the funds raised. Where possible, the Registered Fundraiser must detail the amount or proportion of funds raised that will be donated to GIVIT.
- The Registered Fundraiser must not approach the general public with door to door, street or telephone collections as part of the Fundraising Event. If the Registered Fundraiser would like to hold a street collection as part of their Fundraising Activity, they must notify GIVIT as additional resources and permits are required.
- GIVIT is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course of their work for GIVIT. This includes all Registered Fundraisers for GIVIT. It is therefore a mandatory requirement that before You start fundraising, You have read and agreed to GIVIT's Child Protection Code of Conduct.
- Registered Fundraisers acknowledge and agree that the GIVIT logo is used as per the brand guidelines
- Registered Fundraisers must not use the GIVIT logo to advertise or conduct the Fundraising Event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to You by GIVIT. Unauthorised use of the GIVIT logo may constitute a criminal offence under the IP Laws Amendment Bill 2014. You must not do anything which might bring GIVIT or the GIVIT brand into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the GIVIT brand. For more information on the GIVIT brand, please visit https://fundraise.givit.org.au/.
- In promoting and running Your Fundraising Event You may use:
• the resources downloadable on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/
• the GIVIT name and the purpose for which You are raising funds for GIVIT.
- In promoting and running Your Fundraising Event You may not use the GIVIT logo or the images and text on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ unless you have prior written permission from GIVIT.
- You must disclose any previous criminal convictions to GIVIT (although these won't prevent You from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account when assessing the suitability of the activity and Yourself as the organiser) and You must disclose any criminal charges brought against You during the period You are authorised to fundraise for GIVIT by emailing email@example.com.
- You agree to release to GIVIT to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the Fundraising Event, and indemnify GIVIT for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by Your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
- GIVIT reserves the right to withdraw Your authority to organise a Fundraising Event at any time if it appears to GIVIT that the Fundraising Event may negatively affect the image or reputation of GIVIT or if GIVIT believes there's a likelihood of You not meeting any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Upon entering https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ you have accepted and must comply with the terms and conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property requirements on those website/s. Your use of and/or continued access to those website/s constitutes Your agreement to the terms and conditions.
- The content of https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au such as text, graphics, images and names ("Material") is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
- GIVIT does not warrant that https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, GIVIT cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
- GIVIT websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors ("Advertisers"). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by GIVIT.
- GIVIT websites may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
- Linked Sites that we are endorsing include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au might not be endorsed or authorised by GIVIT.
- Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the terms and conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on https://fundraise.givit.org.au/ and https://givit.org.au
- GIVIT does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that You have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, GIVIT is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
- GIVIT may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and upon amending them we will re-post them on our websites. Registered Fundraisers be will bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time.
- If you are fundraising for a specific appeal and the funds raised exceed the amount required to meet the emergency needs of the people in affected areas or if there are changes in circumstances beyond GIVIT's control, GIVIT will direct excess funds to responding to other crises and resilience.